Penbrook Borough offers curbside recycling for most household waste and large item and specialty recycling.
Curbside Recycling is completed in conjuntion with weekly trash pick-up on Wednesday morning. Items should be placed curbside in designated containers available from the Borough Office.
- Aluminum food and beverage containers
- Glass food and beverage containers-brown, clear, or green
- Bi-Metal, Steel and Aerosal cans
- PET Plastic containers with the symbol #1 narrow neck containers only
- HDPE Plastic containers with the symbol #2 narrow neck containes such
- as milk and water bottles, detergent, shampoo, bleach bottles etc without caps
- Plastics with symbols #3,#4,#5,#6 #7 narrow and screw top containers
- Cardboard-flattened in 2' x 2' bundles (may be placed in recycling bin along with other recycling)
- Residential mixed paper (Junk Mail, magazines, glossies, telephone books, printer/copier paper)
- Cereal Boxes
- Window or Auto glass, drinking glasses, mirrors, light bulbs, ceramic, procelain, microwave trays, glass cookware/bake ware
- Unnumbered plastic items
- Plastic Bags
- Salad/Deli containers, Plastic food tubs
- Household items such as cooking pots, toaters, etc.
- Cardboard/Paper with wax coating or liners
- Scrap metal, siding
Branches and tree limbs are not to exceed 3" in diameter and 4' in length feet in length and are to be bundled and secured by rope or twine and not to exceed 50 lbs. All other Woody Waste shall be placed in "Kraft" bags or biodegradable bags. (Kraft bag are available at various retailers such as home improvemnent or garden centers).
Rocks, Stones, Sod, Grass Clippings, Stumps, Tree Branches larger than 3 inches in diameter and 4 feet in length. Woody Waste placed in plastic bags.